Thursday, August 16, 2007

 

Meteor Shower:

Saturday night was a meteor shower.
We went out at 2:45am and drove out to a spot where we could watch for meteors.
We were there from 3:00am to 5:00am and we saw 196 meteors!!!!!
(Plus the ones I missed when I was "resting my eyes"!!!!!)

We laid on top of the car with pillows and a blanket.
The mosquitoes were so bad that we had to actually spray our heads and faces with insect repellent. It didn't taste very good ... but worked like magic!!!!!!

Went home,
went to bed,
and didn't get up until 11:00am!!

Comments:
Hi Ava ~~ What a wonderful sight to see all those meteors. How lucky
you were to see so many.
Thanks for the comments and glad you enjoy your visits to my blog.
I was intrigued by the lake with the
"thing" in the middle. Take care,
my friend, Love, Merle.
 
A couple of years ago we drove to the beach to watch them. There is no artificial light there so the sky was pitch black. We laid on a blanket on the sand and the ocean breeze kept the bugs away. It was amazing!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?