Saturday, January 28, 2006

 

Birds: Eagles

Ever watched for eagles down at the Lock and Dam or at the Quincy Bay?

I saw on the news about five years ago when they announced that the eagles were down at the Lock and Dam. I went down to check it out and there were eagles there! Some were across the river and impossible to see without binoculars. Others were flying and fishing near the dam and still others were in trees over looking the parking area and you could see them just fine. You could right up close and personal with your binoculars.

That was the start of my bird watching hobby. I now own five pair of binoculars. I have one pair that is my favorite and I tend to use them most of the time. My husband also bought me a BinoCam last year. This is a pair of binoculars with a digital camera. What ever you see in the binoculars, you can take a digital picture of. How cool is that. I am embarrassed to say that he bought it for me last year and I've yet to use it. :( I will be getting it out soon. I think it just needs some batteries and a media card.

This got me started bird watching. I spent that whole winter at the Lock and Dam watching the bald eagles. They were beautiful!!! I would also drive down along the river front and look at the eagles there. I was almost always able to spot at least four or five down along the river front. It got to where I knew where they liked to hang out and they were easy for me to find.

This evolved into watching birds of all kinds. I think it's fun!

Comments:
Hi Eddie!

I just saw your comment. Thanks for reading. I'm having fun with it and it's a great way to keep in touch with friends and family.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?