Wednesday, January 25, 2006

 

General: A Tree In the Road

Well, yesterday afternoon my dog was barking his mean "I'm going to eat you" bark that alerted me there was someone outside. Isn't it amazing how dogs have different barks that mean different things? When I looked out the window, I saw a bunch of cars lined up in the road, some were turning around in my drive way and leaving ... others were just sitting there.

I walked outside and saw that a tree had fallen across the road. This is serious because this road is the only way in or out of this neighborhood. When I came out, me, another woman and a man pushed and pulled on the tree until we got it moved to the side of the road. I fell once, getting my feet tangled up in the branches, but was okay.

Even with the tree over to the side of the road, there were still limbs blocking the road. Three other guys got out of their vehicles and we ganged up on the tree again. This time, it was pulling the branches back until they broke ... at which time they would lie very obediently next to the rest of the tree by the side of the road. I then got out my big wide broom and swept off the road so no one would get a tire puncture. I've had that happen to me before with limbs and twigs.

This morning, the road crew was here to cut it up and take it away. I went out to thank them. He said, "What did you do?" I told him that I got really mad and came out here and pushed this tree down!! He wanted to know how we got it out of the road since it's not a little tree. I told him what we did and he thought that was pretty amazing that we were able to pull it off. Well, it is amazing what you can pull off when you have team work ... and hungry people wanting to get home for lunch!!!!!

I didn't even think to get a picture of it. I wasn't in "blog" mode. I'll try to do better. I guess I'll have to start thinking of myself as a musician and photographer and start carrying that darn camera with me!!!!!

Comments:
Thank you! It just popped into my head!! I've been going crazy with this blog, but it's so much fun!!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?