Thursday, March 30, 2006

 

Family, Grandma Testerman: Hot Dog!!!!

Well, I got home from the Quincy session this evening to find two calls from my mom wanting me to call immediately.
As you know, my grandmother has been in a coma and not expected to make it ... a matter of days.

I called and Grandma was awake and wanted to hear the banjo!!!!

Hot dog!!

I got that banjo out lickety split and gave her a little concert over the speaker phone. I played every tune that I knew! I didn't have time to get my music out, but I played every tune I could remember. Thank goodness I've been working on that memorization list! I played a couple of tunes on the mandolin as well.

I can't express in words how happy my heart was to be able to play for her again.

I told her that I loved her and we blew kisses.

I was so thrilled. It was an answer to my prayers.

Of course, I cried my head off when I hung up, but how fabulous to get to do that.

Ava


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?