Saturday, March 04, 2006

 

Hannibal Session: Columbia Dance

Last night we played for a contra dance in Columbia, Mo. It was so much fun! We carpooled up together. I rode with Lisa, Tony, Joann and we really had a good visit on the way up and back to town.

There were lots of dancers at the dance and they seemed to be experienced dancers. Because of that, we were able to play at a faster pace and really keep them hopping. We even played Blackberry Blossom and went turbo on the last two times through. The dancers kept up and it was great!!!!

When we got there, Chris, Melanie, Tony, Joann, Lisa and I were going to go eat Thai food, but the restaurant was full and we didn’t have time to wait to be seated. So, we went for a walk and decided upon a restaurant called Trattoria Strada Nova.

It was a neat little restaurant located at 21 North Ninth Street. The building is 100 years old and has exposed brick and either plaster or dry wall on the walls. It had very high ceilings which made the restaurant seem larger than it was. It gave you the feeling of having lots of room.

Their Italian menu consisted of salad, pizza, some seafood and pasta.

Lisa had a pizza with basil pesto, goat cheese, mozzarella and roma tomatoes.

Joann had a pizza with chicken, artichoke hearts, fontina cheese and herb cream sauce.

I think Tony had the assorted antipasto plate. It had artichokes, kalamata olives, eggplant, grilled onions, pepperoncini, roasted red peppers and marinated vegetables. It looked really good.

Chris, Melanie and I had the fettuccine with asparagus, toasted pine nuts, boursin cheese and while truffle oil. Oh my gosh, it was so good!!!!

The service was good, the food was good and I considered it worth the money. I’m no food critic, but I live with a man who is the best cook! There’s only been one time that we’ve gone out to eat and the food has been as good as his. I will have to take him to eat there and spend the day one of these Saturdays. The restaurant alone would be worth the trip.

On the way home, I bought a huge ice cream sandwich and it was so good! I deserved it! I had worked hard at the dance!!!!

It was a great evening!


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?