Friday, March 31, 2006

 

Poetry: Cherish Our Moments Together

Cherish Our Moments Together

Ava Jackson

It is said that love will always find a way

And our love is growing each and every day.

We are going to have to try even more

To talk to each other and keep an open door

To each others hearts and to each others minds.

I find my strength when I look in your eyes.

Love is something special and should be uplifting

A gift that is given and then keeps on giving.

We need to learn to cherish our moments together

For we might not have much time together

Nor be able to make up for harsh words that we’ve said,

Harsh action or the mistakes that we’ve made.

Right now, we take advantage of having each other near.

It would be a very harsh reality not to have you here.

We’re doing great learning to cooperate and share.

I have so much love inside ... I really, really care.

We’ve had so much fun and have memories of the past.

We’ve learned to work together at making a life to last.

You really are special and very important to me.

You make me feel needed, loved and very happy.

We need to keep putting our hearts and souls into it.

So that when hard times come, we’ll never, ever quit

But always feel safe because we have each other

And cherish, really cherish our moments together.


Comments:
Thank you!

I wrote this one in 1990.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?