Friday, April 28, 2006

 

General

Well, this morning found me asleep in bed with my husband waking me up bright and early. He wanted to go garage saling. It was 6:45 and took me a few minutes to wake up ... and then off we went.

At one garage sale I found a tredle sewing machine cabinet/table for $20. Yes, we bought it!!!! Now I have a table for the machine that used to belong to my Grandma Williams. I'm very excited. It's not in the best shape, I'll have to sand it down, treat it and restain it. The drawers need to be reattached as well as a drawer, but I'm up to the task. When I get it all finished, I'll insert my grandmother's machine and I plan to bring it up and place it in my sewing room. Who knows ... I might even use it for a project!! We'll see!

At another garage sale we bought a push mower. Our lawn was literally crying, as were the neighbors, for us to get a lawn mower and get to work!!! You see, ours died. It's still in the garage and we may fix it ... maybe not. But in the mean time we have a replacement. It starts right up and mowed wonderfully this morning!!! We're very pleased with it.

Then we went to Hardees for breakfast. He had a burrito and I had a bacon egg and cheese bisquit.

We went to Home Depot and bought the materials for my sewing table project, as well as a few other things. Turns out, after we got home, we realized one of our bags ... that we paid for ... never made it into our cart. So, we called them, read our receipt to them and they said that they had it at the register. We just had to take our receipt in and pick it up.

What a day!!!

Comments:
Your husband woke you up to go yard saleing - can I exchage my room mate- lol. Looks like you got a couple of good bargins. Good luck with the refinishing.
 
We had a very good sewing machine cabinet...(My husband took out the bad sewing machine)....It was in great shape and my son had a good working sewing machine with a bad cabinet...so we gave it to him.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?