Friday, May 26, 2006

 

Music: Ely Opry

Last night in Ely was a lot fun. On the way there, at 9:00pm, I hit so many June Bugs that you can barely see out of my windshield. They sounded like rocks hitting it. It scared me at first until I figured out what it was. I'm definitely going to have to wash the windshield this afternoon!!!!

The crowd wasn't as large as usual, but that doesn't stop us from having fun.

After a three week delay and finally a pinky promise ... I delivered a copy of Red Wing to Doug. We played through it for a little bit. I didn't even think to make a copy for anyone else. That was embarrassing. I'll have to remember that in the future.

William and I went over "All I Have to Do Is Dream" and I think we'll be ready to sing it next week. It's such a pretty song and it's going to be fun to sing it together.

I always have fun when I'm there whether it's a large crowd or a small one. When it's a small crowd, it tends to break up early and that gives us time to look at some new tunes and practice together. That's what Doug and I did last night after everyone left. We went through one of my books. One of the songs that I need to memorize is cotton Eyed Joe. I'm working on Orange Blossom Special, but not near ready to play it in front of anyone yet!!!!!

Jeff was there again! He is so fun!!

Well we'll be playing together again on Monday, Memorial Day at a picnic here in Quincy. Then they'll either go home or we can hang out a my house and either play music or watch a movie. Then we can head on over to Hannibal for supper and then some more music at the Hannibal Session. That should work.

Well, until then ...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?