Tuesday, May 16, 2006

 

Music, Hannibal Session:

Well, I'm a day late getting this posted ... but ... better late than never!!! Right???

Monday night session in Hannibal was all good and fun!!!!

The players were Chris on banjo... Ava on fiddle, banjo, mandolin and drum ... Sondra on mandolin and banjo ... Joann on whistle and tambourine ... Dwain on guitar ... Andrew on fiddle and banjo ... Larry on fiddle and guitar ... Dale H on washboard ... Don on bass ... Kevin on percussion ... Rob on percussion ... Tony on whistle and flute ... Lisa on fiddle ... Robert on fiddle ... Dave S on guitar ... Sarah on guitar and whistle ... Doug on mandolin and banjo ... Fred on guitar ... Wade on percussion and Paul on whistle.

Our friend and missing musician Billy Bob, who is away in the military, called during the slow jam and everyone got to yell "hello" to him on the phone.

Elizabeth came for the last 30 minutes or so and played my fiddle. We hadn't seen her in a long time and were thrilled to have her there!

Charlie was there! He's 99 years old and still truckin' along. He's a retired fiddle contest judger and always gives me some pointers. I love it.

Some of the regulars in the audience were Evelyn and Bob, Noel and Mary Jo, Suzie, Harry and Ellen, and Bill.

Harry bought himself a mandolin yesterday and I'm going to teach him how to play. He bought a book and is going to get started and then let me know when he's ready. That is very cool!!!

We were missing some players and audience members: I didn't see Melanie, Beverly (was working), Joshua, Clayton, Phillip, Dale M, Ian, Ned, Gracie, Aaron, Terry, Sam, Alicia, Evelyn H, George (traveling) ... we missed you all as well as anyone that I missed.

We're always glad to have you there, whether playing or listening!!!

Six more days until next time!!!


** As always ... the disclaimer ... if I missed anyone ... I'm very sorry!!!!

Comments:
You released an album. How can I get it? Happy music to you!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?