Tuesday, June 27, 2006

 

Collecting Music:

Well, this afternoon I tabbed out the music for Ashokan Farewell, Down Yonder and Liberty.

I don't know if you're familiar with it or not, but Ashokan Farewell is such a pretty piece of music. It just puts me in a trance everytime I play it.

Down Yonder is ALWAYS a crowd pleaser. It always makes me think of my Grandpa Williams when I play it. In my mind I can see him dancing to it. He was quite the dancer. I loved getting to dance with him.

I hope to get my Dad up here for a visit so he can go to play music with me and my group here in Quincy, out at Ely and down in Hannibal. I keep inviting them ... we'll get him here one of these days.

Comments:
My grandfather taught me how to dance, and I have not stopped!
 
I had to stop and google the name of the piano player on the old 78 rpm vinyl I had.

It was Del Wood. Great song.
 
Hi ava, thanks for your visit, your right our kids are so precious that it is hard to let them out of our sight.

Love the sound of your music, I don't have a musical bone in my body, but that doesn't stop me loving it and dancing too.
 
Tanginika -
My grandfather taught me how to dance also!!!! What memories!

Granny -
I'm getting ready to get my record player out and listen to some of my vinyl records again.

Jacqui -
Thanks for stopping in. Oh, everyone has at least one musical bone ... even if it's playing the spoons or the tambourine or the rhythm shakers ....
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?