Thursday, June 29, 2006

 

Exercise Ball:


This is my beloved exercise ball. I am very thankful for this ball and all it does for my aches and pains. I lay on this ball and stretch my body completely out. It hurts at first, but then as I slowly begin to relax, it all starts to feel so much better. I can actually lay there and feel my muscles relax one little bit at a time. I used to think it was a strange feeling, but now I just enjoy it.

Here's a poem I wrote for the occasion:

When I have a poor back ache,

Which becomes too much to take,

I go and find my exercise ball

And carry it away from the wall.

I put it in front of my tv show,

So all that happens I will know.

I lay on my back upon the ball,

And hope and pray that I don’t fall.

I lay there on the ball, upside down.

I often wonder if my smile is a frown.

I do some sits ups to stretch my back,

Then I lay down and give it some slack.

Then some slow roll ups to give it some pull,

I have to make sure that I’m not too full.

Then my arms go over my head, my legs out straight,

Then I stretch and stretch, it takes a little wait.

The kinks start to come out, I can feel it move,

I start to relax and then get into the groove.

I lay like that … and watch tv,

For fifteen minutes and then I’ll be,

All better again … no more pains.

Just a little break with a lot to gain.

Thus is my ritual morning and night,

When it is followed, my back is all right.



Comments:
What a fun poem. I like those exercise balls too.
 
I love mine! It does me a lot of good and is great for my back.
 
Quick where do you find those exercise balls. Your poem makes me want to relax on one right now.
 
I bought mine at Walmart.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?