Friday, June 30, 2006

 

Quincy Session:

Well, the Quincy session last night was wonderful!!!!

The players were Ava on fiddle ... Dave on guitar ... Larry on fiddle and mandolin ... Sondra on mandolin ... Andrew on guitar ... Joann on Irish whistle and tambourine ... Tony on flute, Irish whistle and fiddle ... Jeanie on drum ... Don on bass ... and Lisa on the fiddle.

We also had three people who came to listen who had heard us play at the Arts Festival last weekend. Very nice people.

I also met Lucas who came to listen ... he's a guitar player and he thought he might come back and join us. He's a song writer who has spent some time in Nashville and turned in a few of his songs. He was quite interesting to talk to.

While we were in the middle of a song, three people walked in and I recognized one of them immediately ... Steve. Back when we were a pretty new session, he had joined us for the night. He's an uillean piper and had come on the same night that Harry had brought his pipes. Anyway, we remembered him and I was glad to see him. Turns out that he's going to be moving back here and will play with us when he gets here. I'm very excited about that!! I visited with him and his mother for a little bit.

I never know if I'm being too pushy walking up and talking to people. I just want them to know that we're glad they're there and they are welcome to play in the session with us. You know?

So, all in all we had a great time!

As always ... if I missed anyone ... my deepest apologies!!!!!

Love you all!!!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?