Thursday, July 27, 2006

 

Barns:


Here are a couple of barns that I took pictures of while out on a drive the other day.
I like to do that.
Just hop in the car with no particular place to go
See where you end up and what there is to see along the way.


I found this round barn.
No ... it isn't crooked ...
I was the photographer.
(smile)




This barn was in Passa Park,
which is a gun range.
Now I'm going to have to buy me some guns
so I can go to this range.
It was beautiful.
It really is a park ... with gun ranges.
What that means is it is very scenic,
well maintained,
has water, gardens,
and is gorgeous.

I have a 38 pistol ... that will get me started.
Each shooting range specifies which gun can be used on it.
I'd like to be able to use each one!
Now, that's a lot of shopping!
Look out Game Masters ...

I'd also like to get back into archery.
I used to be a good aim with a gun,
good aim with a bow,
good aim with throwing knives
and I used to be able to aim with a sling shot.
It's been a while.
Surely it will come back.

That reminds me,
I've never shown you my sword collection, have I????
Hmmm ...




Comments:
I really liked that round barn; perhaps its uniqueness attracts me.

So you enjoy target shooting. My dad hunts; but somehow I never picked it up.
 
Awesome round barn.. great pics as per usual Ava!! Gotta get me a digital camera!! grrr Hey, Santa.. you listening?

I was in the archery club in high school. Was given a nice bow with sites on it, and 3 target/bird arrows, and one big game curly arrow!

I grew up in the north country, so was an avid anything to do with nature. As teens, we were hunting/fishing tour guides. I took some American hunters out, wanting moose...all they wanted were the horn's and the meat will rot. Umm, nope! I took them where lots of wolves and fox were/some rabbit and partridge. Not on MY watch boys!! EAt what you kill, was my hunting guide rule!! OR< bring the meat in, to donate to poor families--as our family were one of the poor, recieving them in the 50's and 60's.... waste nothing edible!! lol

Sadly, my left arm and shoulder which holds the bow, are both shot; I couldn't pull a bow back, if my life depended on it! Well, ok if my life depended on it, but i'd prob only get one arrow off.... and THEN get et by a bear!
 
Ava... for safety reasons though.. I'd delete the part mentioning you have a 38...never know who's reading your blog dear girl!! Not trying to scare ya, but.. ppl "look" for those things.... delete this message too where I mention it too... what ya think?
 
Watch out!!! Here comes Ava with all her guns! and sling shot.

That round barn was pretty interesting...I've never seen a round barn before.

In HS I used to be pretty good with a bow and I've always been a good shot with a gun although I haven't shot one in years.
I always believed that if you shot an animal you better eat it. I don't believe in trophy hunting.
 
My family always hunted ... and growing up with five brothers ... I did "almost" everything they did. I don't hunt ... just target shoot.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?