Friday, July 21, 2006

 

Ely Opry:

Last night was Ely Opry time!
I count down the days all week until it gets here.

They are a great group of people,
A great group of musicians,
They relax, enjoy the music and have fun.

I enjoy the drive out there.
It's time to think when I drive alone
And time to talk when Dave and I ride together.
I have to say,
I enjoy it more when there is someone to talk to!!!

By the time I got there a little after 9:30,
it was a pretty small group.
However,
that never affects how much fun I have.
For me it is just as fun whether there is a large group or a small group.
A smaller group just means it's more intimate and you get to visit more,
laugh more,
and we also get to try out more fiddle tunes!

I was SO impressed with the songs that Doug and John have already learned from the music and CD that I gave them.
They're awesome!!!!!!
I'm very proud of them.


Let's see,
I'm working on learning more names of people so I can give a better description of the evening.
It's just that there are a lot of names to remember!

There was Ashley (didn't get to sing with her tonight, I think we were both too tired) ... Allan on his mandolin ... Anita on harmonica (she blows me away!!) ... Bill (who can play that fiddle when he gets it out) ... Mrs. Potterfield (Bill's wife) ... his mother ... Bud ... Carol ... Danny (who plays a mean guitar) ... Deann ... Del on banjo ... Doug on fiddle ... Greg (plays the bass) ... Jessie (plays the banjo) ... Jim on guitar ... John on fiddle ... Patty on fiddle ... William on guitar ... Wes Jr and Wes Sr on banjo and guitar.
Now, these are just the people that I know names for.
That certainly doesn't mean those were the only people there.

I managed to not poke myself in the eye anymore,
although it was still sore from the previous two times!
I'm glad I could see to play and drive!

On the way out there,
I almost ran off the road trying to work my mp3 player.
I pulled over in Palmyra and got it all programmed for the rest of the drive.
Heaven knows you can't listen to the radio if you have an mp3 player in the car!

I was really tired on the way home.
Usually being tired isn't an issue on the drive home, but it was this time.
I think it's just because I didn't get much sleep the night before.

All in all, had a great night!
Six more days until next time.





Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?