Friday, July 28, 2006

 

Ely Opry:

I had a fun time out at Ely last night.
I didn't get home as early as I had planned ... 1:35 ...
but that's okay.

On the way out the door Doug and I were looking at the stars. Boy, there were a lot of them up there! The Milkyway was awesome!! I'm going to have to get my constolation book out and brush up on where things are in relation to eachother. They sure were pretty though. Being away from all of the lights sure made that sky just light up with stars. I can't see them that well in my yard.

I wore my cowboy boots last night ... and all day yesterday. I'm paying for it today!! I just had to wear them though. I hadn't been able to wear them for four months since my foot surgery.

While we were playing last night, I had my hair down except for the front part which was pulled back into a little pony tail. Anyway, the fan kept blowing my hair across my fiddle and my bow was running over it. I reached up to pull the rubber band off, thinking I was going to just quickly pull all of my hair back. Sounds simple enough doesn't it?

Well ... it didn't quite work.
For some reason the rubber band got ALL tangle up and I couldn't get it out. Luckily, Doug's mom was there and she got it out for me. Yes, it was embarrassing! But what can you do? She got it out in no time at all ... with just a little of hair clinging to it . I sat down there on the floor at her feet. Reminded me of when I was little and my mom used to do my hair.
I braided it and then it didn't get in my way anymore.
Thank goodness!

On the way home it was very foggy once I crossed the Mississippi in Hannibal. I had to slow way down and really watch the road carefully. I had the sun roof open and you may not believe this, but the fog smelled like potatoes.
Ever been in a potatoe cellar?
That's what it smelled like.
We used to store our potatoes from the garden in the crawl space under the house. It was my job to crawl down there and get potatoes for supper. I'll never forget that smell. It even left a taste on your tongue.
Well, that's what the fog smelled like last night. Crazy, huh?

There were a couple of people there last night that I hadn't met before.
One was Ruby. Dorothy told me that Ruby is 88 years old (I think that's the number she gave me?) She sure was having fun. She was there with a friend who played guitar, but I can't remember what his name was.

Let's see ... who else was there?

Me, Jim, Deann, Del, Patty, Anita, Kyle, Greg, Ruby and her friend who played guitar, Allan, William, Bill, Bill's wife (sorry I've forgotten your name dear ...), Dorothy, Doug, Danny, and the guy who plays the mandolin whose name I should remember but it's escaping me at the moment.
I blame it on being tired!

Now, I'm sure I'm missing several,
you know the disclaimer ...
Sorry if I missed you!

When Kyle was leaving we hugged eachother goodbye and bumped our heads together. We're both claiming to have concussions now and to have lost our memories!!!!! Hopefully we'll have our memories back the next time we see eachother.

:)

I got to look at some of Bill's pictures.
He had a picture of him sitting on this very big Harley.
It was awesome!!
Then he also showed me some pictures of some of the cars he's had.
Very cool cars!


It was a fun night and I can't wait until next time!

See you all then!








Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?