Monday, July 24, 2006

 

Hannibal Session:

Well, I got home from the Hannibal session at 10:25.
We played until 9:30 tonight! Yowza!!!!
We had an appreciative audience tonight.
Lots of applause and hand clapping.

Charlie was there tonight!
I'm always glad to see him there. He lights up my night. Charlie is going to be 100 years old in November I think it is. He's quite the character. He used to judge fiddle contests and he always has tips for me and encourages me so much!

Tonight he commented that he's never seen a fiddler tapping both feet at the same time. I always do that. I find it hard to contain myself when you've got a good groove and rhythm going on. Larry told him that you can only do that when you're sitting down. So true! I think I would trip, get off balance and hit the floor if I tried that while standing up!!! I do the next best thing though ... just dance a little and bob on your knees!!! As long as you've "got it going" some how, that's what matters!

Charlie always tells me that I'm beautiful when I blush. Yes, you know what's coming. Jokes that make me blush!!! I had told him no more of that!!!! Of course, he did it anyway! I introduced him to some friends of mine from Quincy ... and he told them a joke ... and made me blush!

In the audience that I knew tonight were Bill, LA, Evelyn and Bob, Noel and Mary Jo, they had a friend there, I think her name was Betty ... who was visiting, Charlie, George, Harry, Ellen, Lydia, Gracie, Cindy A and many more people whom I did not know or just didn't get listed.

The players tonight were Chris ... Sondra ... Joann ... Dwain ... Larry ... Rob ... Tony ... Lisa ... Dave ... Sarah M ... Ian ... Doug ... Me ... Ned ... Paul ... the girls at the percussion table ... and Sarah on hammer dulcimer, here from Springfield, IL. There was another lady who came in toward the end and played my guitar for a while. I had never met her before and I'm sorry that I don't remember her name. Sorry if I missed anyone!

I took Doug out while it was still daylight and showed him my trail blazer. When we went out, there was another SUV parked right by me, the same color.
I said, "Oh no, which one is mine?"
He said, "Yours is the chevy."
I said, "Oh yeah."
I am such a dork!!!
In fact, everytime I looked out the window this afternoon and saw it sitting in the driveway I thought I had company.
Duh!!!!

When Charlie was leaving, he came over for the hug and kiss that I always give him.
Now...
every other time we've kissed each other on the cheek.

Not tonight!

He kissed smack dab right on the lips!
And not just a little smack either.
It was one of those "linger longers".
Someone yelled, "hey, quit making out over there!"
Charlie looked at me, winked and said "thank you".
Yes ... I was blushing ... again.

I think I'm blushing now!

It was a good night.
We played until 9:30!
I ordered cheese bread and had a soda.
A Pepsi to be exact.

I am now full, tired and will be going to bed shortly.
As soon as I'm through blushing ...







Comments:
I think I'd like Charlie.

Great post and the pics (other post) were lovely.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?