Friday, July 28, 2006

 

Quincy Session

Well, here it is 8:39 ...
and I'm supposed to leave for Kansas City at 10:00.
I'm not dressed ...
Not packed ...
and still have to take the dog to the kennel!
Oh well ...
I'll get there!
Wanted to get these two posts in before I left.

Had fun at the Quincy Session last night.
We had a new person, Jeff, who played guitar.
Jim came back again also,
So that made a rhythm section of three guitars.
It was wonderful!!!

We've figured out Apples in Winter.
Just had to leave all of those "F" chords out and it sounded really great.

We played a new song that Lisa introduced called "The Jackson Stomp".
It was a good one.
Had a blues flair to it.
It's definitely going into our repertoire!

The players were me on fiddle ... Joann on Irish whistle ... Larry on fiddle and mandolin ... Dave on guitar ... Tony on Irish whistle, flute and fiddle ... Lisa on fiddle ... Jeff on guitar ... Jim on guitar... and Rae on percussion.

My lupus was making my left hand swell and I had to quit early in order to let it rest some. It's still swollen today, but not like it was last night.

Thanks to all who came and made it a great night!

Sorry if I missed anyone!



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?