Tuesday, August 22, 2006

 

A Blue Day

Well, I deleted this post once in hopes I'd have something else to say before the day was over, but it doesn't look like that is going to happen. So I'm rewriting this one.

I'm having a blue day today.
Just have a lot of things on my mind.

Even took a walk to try to clear my head, but that didn't work.

Did some writing to clear my head ... that didn't work either.

Tried to think of something else ... that didn't work.

Tried to ignore it ... that didn't work.

So here I am, sad. With nothing I can do about it.

Woke up at 3:30 this morning and couldn't go back to sleep.
Got up at 4:30 and watched Gunsmoke.
Went back to bed and laid there awake until I got up.
Cleaned out the frig ... that didn't work.

Did dishes ... that didn't work.

Taught lessons ... that didn't work.

Played with my dog ... that didn't work either.

Called my mom ... that didn't work.

Talked to my son Tom ... that didn't work.

Talked to my son Chris ... that worked a little. We both "vented" about life at the moment and understood where the other one was coming from. He actually cheered me up for a little bit but it didn't last long after we hung up. He gave me some advice ... I gave him some advice. Then we'll both do what we want. That's how it works, isn't it?

I do have lip gloss on though. My lips are very pretty at the moment. Just depressed and frowning.

I miss my music friends.

There's nothing on tv.

I teach until 8:00pm and then I'll probably just go to bed.
Might as well lay there in the dark and be depressed, right?

Oh, I'll feel better tomorrow.

Anyone have any good "cheer em up" powers??




Comments:
I just ate five ounces of mini marshmallows ... didn't help!!

(he he)
 
you have great strategies!!!! Sounds like you want to get OUT of this state... so since you are in it... look around the room, wonder.... sit it in and allow it to be accepted as part of you today. You know there will be a tomorrow and a time when you won't be blue, so while you are here, see if you can find out what the 'blue' has to teach you...
 
ok that was a bit preachy... if all else fails... EAT!
haha... much love to you Ava.
 
Even in your blue day you make me smile. I LOVE the lipgloss on your frowning lips. Such a poetic line. But still a happy one despite your gloominess.
 
I just watched half an hour of Hee Haw. That helped a little.

Thanks Gracie and Oshee! You both made me smile!!!!
 
Okay, my last student of the day is playing The Hokey Pokey on the piano as I'm typing! You can't hear that and not get cheered up!!!

Put your right arm in ...
 
Some days are just that way. And sometimes the most we can do is ride them out and see what the end will be. It's good to hear that you found time to laugh on such a gloomy day. And if you don't eat anymore marshmallows, I'd love to have the rest! Maybe I'll get some chocolate and graham crackers and make smores. Yummy!
 
Hello Miss Nikki! Thanks for dropping and for reminding me of smores. I'll gladly share the rest of the marshmallows with you! Got a cracker to spare?
 
Dear Ava... if we weren't supposed to get the "blu's" now and then, we wouldn'ta..and that's what I always say! : )

Sometimes...when all else fails..as Gracie suggested....fell the colour of the blu; it just want's a little "attentiveness" too.

Gosh, I think if we were always happy; we'd get bored pretty quick...don't you? I think that's why blu was added to the emotions we human beings were born with.(gentle smiles & A BIG hug!)

North
 
NOW, for my "I took health and nutrition courses" in college speech!!

ONLY naggy thing: non-healthy diets, can create mood-swings...and a whole host of physical AND emotional upheaval....I can go on for hours; but will save you the bluing of your blu!!

To end the "I took health and nutrition" in college speech; I recently gave up "pop" and lost 3 pounds in ONE week! To achieve that, I also walked at least 12 blocks a day-with my bod; it's a bleepin' achievement!! : ) I also gave up meat for that week, and buttery things that clog arteries and make us feel "blu."

So, on that note, don't listen to Gracie!! (big smiles to Gracie)
 
Drats Miss Nikki, you had to TYPE out "smores" didn't ya!! Haven't obliged myself with one for at least 7 years!!

Where's my willpower? my sweet-tooth drooled, I swear it!!

Ava. are ya laughing now?

North
 
So sorry I didn't read your blog - I hope you are feeling better. When I get really down the only way I can discribe it is that my joy is gone. Through the years though I know it will come back and be better then before. Good luck.
 
Okay North, I do have tell you that I ate a big supper and felt better almost immediately after that. I'm usually not a very big eater. Eating makes me sick so sometimes I just skip it. (I actually take a pain medicine for my intestines ... I have a digestive problem) Plus I've been dieting. I do need to get back into the habit of eating right again. Soooo... what I'm say is ... you're right!!!

Doubleknot -
Glad to see you here! I've missed you! And don't worry, I'm feeling better now. Just had a sad day with a lot on my mind.

Love you all!!! And thanks for cheering me up!!
 
I think I need to know what a 'smore' is... please describe...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?