Saturday, August 19, 2006

 

The day today ...

What a day!

Got up at 8:30.

There are some bushes and vines in front of the house that were totally infested with aphids to the point that it all was dying. Got all of it cut up, pulled out and thrown away. Now I just have to figure out what's going to go there in it's place.

Sondra and I played street music in Hannibal today. It was the Huck Finn Festival and there were quite a few people there. The bad part is we had to stand in the sun for the first hour and nearly baked on that concrete. "Mark Twain" came to give a speech so we took the opportunity to escape and go find some shade. We went to our favorite bench by Java Jive and played for half an hour. The shade felt wonderful!

Charlie, my 99 year old fiddle judging friend came to listen to me play my fiddle today. I was afraid that I would be nervous ... he REALLY looks you over when you're playing, but I wasn't at all. I was glad to see him and just had fun with him. He clapped and whooped ... I danced while I played ...he told me that my playing has improved a lot. That means a lot coming from him. He's a treasure! He asked me today to drive him to a bluegrass festival in Columbia, MO. It just happens to be during Old Threshers in Shelbina and I had to tell him that I couldn't. He drives ... it's just too far for him to go on his own anymore. He and I do have a date for the Hannibal Bluegrass Festival though. If he's still driving, I'm just supposed to look for him when I get there to say hello. If he's no longer driving, I'm supposed to pick him up and take him with me. Would be my pleasure!

I gave him two hugs today. He claims I'm his inspiration and that hug gets him through the whole week! Yes ... I'm sure he gives his best smile and uses that line on ALL of the girls. I bet we all fall for it too!!!!!

Yes, he told a joke and made me blush today. He said loud enough for everyone to hear that I'm beautiful when I blush. That man! Then he found himself in trouble and thought he'd better leave before he got into anymore trouble.

Then Sondra and I went back up to the museum complex and played in the heat for the rest of our time. It was miserable. My fiddle had sweat all over it. Her banjo had sweat all over it. My poor guitar! Her poor mandolin. Nothing would stay in tune today in the heat. We tuned about every three songs or so.

But we made it! We were wilted and lifeless ... but we made it. Boy were we ever glad to get into the blazer and turn that air conditioning on! Whew!

Yes, I stank AGAIN.
But I showered.
I smell better now.
I'm all "girly" again.

That was my day.

I hope that you had a good one too!





Comments:
Funny that you say you smell girly again. Interesting when the day makes you smell "questionable".
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?