Friday, August 18, 2006

 

Whew! What's that smell??



I just got back from playing street music in Hannibal. It was a scorcher today! Very humid! Very hot! And boy ... do I ever need a shower!!!!!

There weren't very many people out and about on the streets today.
Saturday is the Huck Finn Festival, so I hope there will be more people tomorrow.
We're going to play down at the Huck Finn House for at least an hour tomorrow.
Maybe more.

Today there were two couples across the street listening to us play. One of the guys was dancing while he was listening and he motioned for me to dance too.
So I did!
Here I am playing rhythm on my guitar and dancing away!!!
He passed us again later and left $10 for us in the case.
He was very sweet.
Made our day.
Oh yes, and he danced for us some more when he passed by the second time.
He was probably in his late 60's to early 70's or so.

We saw some babies.
It's interesting how the 0-2 year olds react to the music and the instruments.
They're captivated.
Some of them will sit there and listen and watch for a long time.
And they smile at us.
So cute!

Then we have our "regulars" who work in the shops or live above them who come out and thank us for the music.
(So far ... no one has complained and tried to run us off.)

It's very sad ... this is our last weekend of street music.

:(

It's been a lot of work,
It's been hot,
But it has been a lot of fun.
We've met a lot of people.
Played a lot of music.
Gotten pretty good at a few of them.
It's been a great experience for us both.

I am tired today after spending the day at the Union Covered Bridge, then music at La Gondola and then Ely yesterday.

But it's a good tired.
I may take a shower and then a quick nap.
Or not.

Must wash my music outfit before I wear it again.
Whew!!!

I have several posts to get in ...
Before Kyle comes to hunt me down!!!!

I'm getting there!
I'm getting there!

My love to you all!




Comments:
You are one heck of a spirit in motion Ava!!

I greatly admire your capacity, to not let the lupus, stop you from living to your fullest potential.

Truly amazing!

Hey! I gave my blog a template facelift!! Pretttttttty! was so easy to do!

North
 
Hey!! I just noticed my avatar is still there, I just posted, then changed my template completely, but I don't see a profile or my profile avatar on my new blog-facelift... hmmm.. lol

what DID I do now?
 
Ava...it's always fun reading your posts because you are so full of life and you love living it. You always seem so excited, like a child seeing something for the first time.
I'm sorry it's your last weekend of street performances because I really wanted to come see you guys play...the time has just gotten away from me.

Sandy :(
 
North,
Thank you so much for encouraging me and lifting my spirits! I sure appreciate you!

Pasadena,
It's true ... I am usually excited about everything most of the time. That's what keeps it fun.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?