Saturday, September 23, 2006

 

Got a lot done ...



Wow,
I got a lot done today.

Met Larry over at Joann's and he pulled the carpet up for us.
I help roll it and carry it to the truck.
He even took it to Hannibal for me to save me the trip.
I appreciated that.
Thank you so much for all of your help, Larry, on such short notice.
Thank you, thank you, thank you.

The only surprise of the day was that there was nothing underneath.
We had expected to find some linoleum ...
But not!

So, I have to go shopping for something to put on the floor
and get that put in before I can move my furniture items over.

Joann came over and helped me pack for a few hours this afternoon.
I've got my teaching room stacked full of boxes!
We also took some stuff over to storage.

I still have a lot left to do, but did get a lot done today.
Then I took her to Wendy's and we had supper together and talked for a while.
She's going to be a good room mate.
We're a good match.
And we like eachother!!!

Larry is working on the apartment and getting it ready.
I'll begin moving some boxed stuff over there next week I hope.

I've been careful to label all of my boxes so I know where it goes and what is in it.
That should save me some headaches later.
Hopefully.



Comments:
Ava,
I realize that I'm replying a couple days late, but I thought I would share this with you anyway. Since Rebecca & I have had to move many times, we've come up with a color-coded system for labeling boxes. We buy stickers of all different colors and put them on the boxes according to what room the stuff goes in. For example, if it's a box containing stuff for the bedroom, we put purple stickers on all six sides of the box. For the kitchen, green stickers. Etc. It really makes it easy when you are unloading the boxes, because you can tell by the color of sticker just where to put a box. Just a tip in case you ever have to move again!
 
Wow, that's a great idea!!! I may have to use it!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?