Sunday, October 01, 2006

 

Moo ...



I like to graze all day
I like to wander the pasture
I like to lick the salt block
I like to scratch my hip on the fence post
I like to poop anywhere, anytime I want
I like to swish my tail
I like to eat hay
I like to chew my cud
I like to push around the ones that are smaller than me
I like my wet nose

****

And now,
for a little insight into Ava's childhood ...

Grandpa Williams had cows ...
Grandpa Williams had two ponds ...
We all had hockey sticks ...
Ever play cow patty ice hockey?

You wait until the pond freezes over ...
Go collect some cow patties from the pasture ...
Get your hockey sticks ...
Get your teams together ...
Have one brave soul venture out first to be sure the ice holds ...
Then toss a cow patty and play ice hockey!

Some had skates ...
Most of us did not ...
There was lots of falling down ...
Lots of pushing ...
Some hurt feelings ...
Lots of bruised shins from flying hockey sticks ...
Some crying ...
Some name calling ...
Lots of fun ...
LOTS of flying cow poop ...
Everyonce in a while some wise guy would throw a fresher one in there
that when hit ...
flew everywhere!
If you were close enough ...
You got it big time.
You never knew when that was going to happen.



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?